“Fun, Adventure and The Great Outdoor Experience” begins in Rishikesh with Rafting. It is the most popular center for river rafting in India which attracts thousands of adventure seeking travelers every year. Rafting in Rishikesh is not only famous among Indians as weekend getaway but also a popular spiritual and adventure destination for foreign tourists as well.
Complete Guide to Rafting in Rishikesh
River rafting is a sport which does not only fit adults, but safe and fun adventure activity which can be enjoyed by families and kids (mainly from Brahampuri) as well. There are many authorized and certified river rafting operators, experts and instructors available in Rishikesh to make your rafting experience safe and full of adventure. Rafting in turbulent waters of Ganga River is an experience that you will keep for the rest of your life.
There are multiple rafting spots from where you can start and enjoy rafting, depending upon the length of rafting and its grade. Adventure lovers can choose a grade according to their preferences and expertise.
Why go for Rafting in Rishikesh?
River Rafting in Rishikesh is an ultimate adventure experience that will get your pulse racing to make it one of the most unforgettable trips of your life.
In recent times Rishikesh has become a heaven for rafting and kayaking enthusiasts from all over the world.
- Rafting in River Ganges: River Ganga is the holiest river in India and doing rafting or living in camps near Ganga is itself an rejuvenating experience. Rishikesh River rafting is offers breathtaking scenery, different grades of rapids, experience of a terrific adventure to river rafters.
- Team Building: It helps your team members gel with each other and that will help in their work in office as well. The rafting activity involves team work and all team members work towards the same goal. It helps corporate to motivate their employees and helps in increasing the performance.
- Building long lasting friendships: There is plenty of time to bond during camping and rafting. People often strengthen their friendly relations during such activities whether it is trekking, rafting or camping.
- Boost Mental health: Rafting gives you positive attitude, fighting spirit and a lot of happiness once. Overcoming your fears and defeating the challenges is always a mental booster.
Rishikesh Rafting Season
Season of Rafting in Rishikesh: September to June
Best time for White Water Rafting in Rishikesh: October to April
Rishikesh Rafting Grades in River Ganges
- Grade I : Easy, Small Waves, No Obstacles
One of the most popular river rapids of Grade I is ‘Sweet Sixteen’. It is the most favored rafting point for adventurous and family holiday’s fun. It is some of the popular grades in Rishikesh include Brahmpuri is easiest and shortest one point for rafting which covers around 8 kms. It is the closet point from Rishikesh to set out on your rafting tour.
- Grade II : Moderate Difficulty with Clear Passages
The rapids at Shivpuri have been categorized into Grade I and Grade II. These grades are of medium or moderate difficulty. It requires bit guidance for the rafters. They exist in those parts, where the river passes through slight rocky or uneven regions. It covers around 16 kms. It starts from Shivpuri and ends at Laxman Jhula. Shivpuri River Rafting has adventurous Rapids. Tourist can enjoy cliff jumping on the way.
- Grade III : Difficult, Narrow Passages, Irregular High Waves
The Cross Fire and Three Blind Mice is the Grade III rapid that brings serious obstacles by including multiple high, irregular waves and rocks. Marine Drive is the third starting point or the third closest point to begin on a rafting expedition from Rishikesh. The fun and adventure of river rafting usually begins with the Grade-III rapids. Within here, you can find the bigger waves that require good navigating techniques and proper guidance. It starts from marine drive to Rishikesh.
- Grade IV : Difficult, Very Powerful Waves
Rafting gets more action-packed and exciting while paddling through the Grade-IV rapids. Offering challenging waves, uneven flow of the water and sudden drops, these rapids, at times can topple the raft easily. The adventure of the Ganges from Kaudiayala to Rishikesh spans over a distance of 36 km. There are 13 excellent rapids along this stretch. An excellent example of these rapids is ‘The Wall’, where 9 out of every 10 raft boats flip over. Generally tourist prefer grade IV for rafting.
If you want to feel the real action of adventure then Rishikesh is the right place for you. Here safety measurements also taken for the tourist so they can feel save during rafting. After all “safety comes first”. Before rafting instructor always gives some instruction to the tourist. Therefore, do not make the mistake of underestimating their expertise about the rafting techniques and river rapids. Listen to them properly and act as advised to enhance the joy of river rafting even more.
Other Adventure Activities you can enjoy in Rishikesh during/with Rafting:
- Cliff Jumping: Cliff jumping is free fall jump into river Ganga from 30 feet height rock. Adventure enthusiast rafters never miss this wonderful jumping. It tests your mental abilities and strength, so give up the fear and come in gear. Everyone can enjoy this activity during rafting without any charges. But always follow your rafting guide’s safety instruction before your jump
- Rock Climbing in Rishikesh: Rock Climbing actually lets you to face challenges and check the physical strength and skills. It involves climbing up at a straight mountain with the help of cords and natural grips.Rock Climbing and Rappelling can be done at: Byasi (Easy – 40 Feet), Phoolchatti (Difficult – 80 Feet). Charges for Rock Climbing and Rappelling starts from Rs 200 per person per activity
- Camping in Rishikesh: The are numerous camp sites from Rishikesh to Devprayag consisiting of low budget camps, deluxe camps and few super luxury camps with premium costing. All the camps promote camping with
rafting packages to school groups, corporates, small groups, family groups and to individual travellers as well.
- Canoe Kayak: Kayaking can also be enjoyed after rafting in Rishikesh, and it all depends on your level of skill and energy.
- Jungle and Waterfall Trekking/Hiking: There are few waterfalls around Rishikesh which can be reached by hiking. The trek goes within the forests and you can enjoy bird watching, wildlife species during the hike. The treks vary from 3 to 7 kms, depends on which waterfall you want to explore.
- Body Surfing in River Ganges/Ganga: This is another free activity which can be done during rafting when most of the rapids are done. You can enjoy floating, swimmng in River Ganges. It helps to relaxe your muscles and body which was tired during the rafting. Make sure you are wearing life jackets for safety reasons.
- Bunjee Jumping in Rishikesh: Bunjee Jumping has been started by Jumping Heights in Rishikesh, located in Mohan Chatti (15 Kms Far from Laxman Jhoola Rishikesh). Since inception it has been popular destination for adventure lovers.Activity Cost: 83 Meters height Bungee Jump : Rs 3500, Flying Fox : Rs 1700, Canyon Swing : Rs 3000 (all charges are per person per activity)